Website Design process
Ideally, when we begin the process of building a new website, we go theorugh a number of stages, each stage has been developed and fine tunned so that the development life cycle faces minimum disruption.From the offset, we ask you to provide any current marketing information that you have as well as and logo’s business cards, graphics as well as your company message and goals. We then begin the process of looking at what your website (if there is one online) and comparing your online and offline competitors. We can then work out your position within the market and what we need to do to meet your goals.
This is how things are usually worked out:
- Step 1: Fact findingWe begin with your company’s goals and objectives for the web site. Together, we develop the web site from the bottom up, giving priority to the intended audience/market and overall user experience.
- Step 2: WireframingWe create “Wireframes” for what each page would look like. Usually, this would show areas of content that would always be present. i.e. Logo, main navigation, primary and secondary content areas and the footer area. We would focus on the functionality of the site as well as the user experience.
- Step 3: Prototyping " User testingWe “flesh out the bones of the page template” from the wireframes, adding in the style and design elements to the pages. We then build the site design, from the information gathered after meetings with you as well as offering our experience in design and building websites that are user friendly yet eye catching.
- Step 4: Site Build We would at this stage build in the various “Bolt-onz” for your site. Such as:
- Step 5: Branding and corporate message We integrate your current marketing plan and develop the site in a consistent manner to provide the user with the best experience. This ensures your corporate identity is easily recognisable whether your client is surfing your website or reading your latest newsletter or brochure, your message and brand must be clear.
- Step 6: Site testing The final iteration will show you your site in fully working order for you to test and begin the prep work for launch. At this stage we can add content and imagery so that the site has a better balance and feel, thus aiding the user experience on your site.
- Step 7: Live! Website goes live. We would then begin the process of Search Engine Optimisation. With SEO it is all about patients. Taking things slowly and working through the various SEO techniques and best practices, it is a science and therefore the results can take time. We have to work out what people are searching for compared to the content on your website and edit the content accordingly.
Do you need some advice on your project?
Take a look around our site and see how we have managed to help our clients over the years. Our advice is free and without obligation, at the same time we are happy to lend a hand when it comes to suplimenting your team or building your website.